Law Office of Yoel Molina, P.A.


Phone: 305-548-5020, option 1


WhatsApp: 305-204-9635

Message sent
Please fill in all fields
Navigate the process of obtaining an ITIN in the U.S. as a foreign entrepreneur or small business owner. Our comprehensive guide offers step-by-step insights into ITIN applications, essential for international business endeavors. Gain expert legal advice for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to establish their ventures in the United States. Start your ITIN application journey today with confidence.

Law Office of Yoel Molina, P.A.



03 August 2023

By Yoel Molina, Esq.

Email: | Office: 305-548-5020

2655 S. Lejuene Road, Suite 500 Coral Gables, FL. 33134

       Discover the 10 essential steps to successfully apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) in the United States as a foreign entrepreneur. Our expert legal guide provides valuable insights and advice for small business owners and entrepreneurs navigating the process of obtaining an EIN for their U.S. business venture.


As a foreigner looking to do business in the United States, it is crucial to understand the legal requirements for operating in this country. One of the fundamental requirements is obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). An EIN is a nine-digit number that identifies businesses for tax and filing purposes in the United States.

At the Yoel Molina, P.A. Law Office, we understand the importance of an EIN for your business, and we are here to guide you through the process. Below are the ten necessary steps for a foreigner to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) in the United States:

  • Verify If You Need an EIN: Determine if your business needs an EIN. If it is a company with employees, you will likely need an EIN.

  • Gather the Necessary Documents: Make sure you have all the necessary documents before starting the application. You will need your foreign taxpayer identification number, company information, and business address.

  • Obtain a Foreign Taxpayer Identification Number: If you do not already have a taxpayer identification number, you will need to obtain one before applying for an EIN.

  • Complete Form SS-4: Fill out Form SS-4, which is the application for an Employer Identification Number.

  • Provide Company Information: Provide detailed information about the company, including its name, address, and phone number.

  • Specify the Business Structure: Specify the business structure, whether it is a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, or limited liability entity.

  • Describe the Business Activity: Describe the business activities of the company, including the products or services it offers.

  • Provide Owner Information: Provide owner information, including full name and taxpayer identification number.

  • Verify Provided Information: Verify that all the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.

  • Submit the Application: Send the completed application to the IRS and await approval.

At the Yoel Molina, P.A. Law Office, we can guide you through each of these steps and ensure that your EIN application is completed smoothly. Contact us to schedule an appointment through this link, call us at 305-548-5020, option 1, send us a WhatsApp message at 305-204-9635, or email us at Our team speaks English and Spanish, and we are here to assist you every step of the way.