If you or someone you know has recently received a DUI, you need to seek qualified legal representation from a DUI Attorney before going to court in order to protect yourself from the numerous and severe legal penalties and get the best possible legal outcome.
Why You Need a DUI Attorney
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking you don’t need an attorney if you get a DUI. In Miami, there are all kinds of things that could result from a DUI conviction:
• Your license can be suspended
• An ignition lock can be installed on your car
• You may be required to do community service
• You may be placed on probation
• You may have to attend a DUI school
• You will face jail time and fines in addition to these possible penalties.
As you can see, there are several legal ramifications that an attorney can protect you from.
What to Look for in a DUI Attorney
When you look for a DUI Attorney, there are a great many to choose from. Therefore, you need some criteria to ensure you pick one that can and will give you the best possible representation and outcome. Here are things to look for specifically:
• Does the attorney have experience with cases similar to yours?
• Do they give you their word to see your case through until the end?
• How have they been rated by previous clients?
• When are they available? Will they be available when you need them?
• Is the lawyer you hire actually the person who will be handling your case or will it be handed off to a lesser experienced team member?
What to ask a potential DUI Attorney
Once you’ve found an attorney you believe meets the proper criteria, you still need to ask them a few questions to ensure they are the right attorney for you. Here are some common questions to ask:
• Will you or your legal team handle my case?
• How many DUI cases like mine have you handled before? What were the results?
• Do you handle cases other than DUIs?
• Where did you study? What organizations are you part of?
• How much are your fees and how do you calculate them?
• How long have you worked as a DUI Attorney?
• What are your expectations for my particular case?
Simply put, you need to find a lawyer who is both skilled and that you feel at ease with. If you are not comfortable with your attorney or their answers to the above questions, look for one you feel better about hiring.
Still have questions?
Call us at 305-548-5020 for free a consultation